|Roland||Authentic Touch – Powerful Sound System – Quiet Keyboard Action – Portable – Recording Functions – Bluetooth Wireless Support.||Mid-Range.||Lowest Price Here!|
|Yamaha||88 Graded Hammer Keys – Adjustable Touch Sensitivity – Ten Voices – 6W Amplifier – Duo Feature – Dual Mode – USB Interface.||Mid-Range.||Lowest Price Here!|
|Casio||Ten Adjustable Voices – Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard – Easy To Use – Chorus & Reverb Effects – Lightweight – Metronome – Connectivity Options.||Mid-Range.||Lowest Price Here!|
Best Digital Pianos Under £500
When you’re thinking about making a big purchase one of the first things you need to do is set yourself a budget. You’ll need to think about how much you’re willing to spend, which features you need and which features you’re prepared to do without, and then narrow your search accordingly. Digital pianos vary quite a lot in terms of price and whilst some models can be bought for under £100, you will come across others which go for way over £2,000. If you want to get a lot of use out of your digital piano then you wont want something too cheap and basic, but you’ll also need something you which can afford. A budget of £500 maximum is a good choice because it will stop you splurging extra money on extra features which you don’t need without limiting your choices too much. Price is not always a good indication of quality and, whilst some of the more expensive digital pianos have tons of important features which can really enhance your experience, you can also find cheaper digital pianos which will have everything you need to learn, improve, and have fun. If you’re interested in buying a digital piano for under £500 then read on for our reviews!
Roland FP-30 BK Review – Our Number 1
- This 88 note keyboard has that authentic piano touch which is great for anyone who is either used to playing a grand piano or is planning on using a grand piano in the future.
- The Roland FP-30 (lowest price here!) includes a powerful sound system which includes an amplifier and stereo speakers. This digital piano is great for performing, but it also includes a headphone output and a ‘quiet keyboard action’ option which enables you to practice at any time of the day or night without disturbing the household.
- This digital piano is remarkably lightweight and easy to transport, making it ideal for anyone who is planning on performing at venues, jamming at friends houses or commuting to music lessons.
- The Roland FP-30 includes recording functions which will come in handy if you want to share your music online or just keep track of your progress.
- This digital piano features Bluetoth wireless support and is compatible with music apps which will enable you to get more out of your piano sessions.
Features: Authentic Touch – Powerful Sound System – Quiet Keyboard Action – Portable – Recording Functions – Bluetooth Wireless Support.
Yamaha P-45 Review – Number 2
- The Yamaha P-45 comes with 88 graded hammer keys complete with matte black top keys which has been designed to look, feel and respond in an authentic manner.
- This digital piano offers adjustable touch sensitivity, a feature which is ideal for anyone who finds it hard to firmly press on the keys.
- This digital piano has ten voices to choose from. You can use the grand piano voice or opt for the less traditional strings, organ, harpsichord and electric piano sounds.
- The Yamaha P-45 comes with a built in 6W amplifier, a speaker system and the option of being linked to an external P.A system for on-stage use. This digital piano also has a headphone output socket which you can use to practice in private.
- This digital piano comes with a duo feature which lets you split the keyboard in half for training and duet purposes. It also offers a dual mode which lets you play two voices (e.g harpsichord and grand piano) at the same time to create a nice layered sound.
- The Yamaha P-45 can be connected to a computer via its USB interface.
Features: 88 Graded Hammer Keys – Adjustable Touch Sensitivity – Ten Voices – 6W Amplifier – Duo Feature – Dual Mode – USB Interface.
Casio CDP-130BKC5 Review – Number 3
- The Casio CDP-130 features ten adjustable voices which you can play in. These voices include two authentic grand pianos and other instrumental tones such as organs and strings.
- This digital piano has a scaled hammer action keyboard which recreates the authentic feeling of playing a grand piano.
- The Casio CDP-130 is very easy to use, all functions are clearly labelled and you have quick access to all digital effects.
- This piano comes with adjustable chorus and reverb effects. Reverb adds extra ambience to give the impression of playing in a real life concert hall, whilst the chorus effect add depth to each sound. Both of these effects are adjustable and optional.
- The Casio CDP-130 weighs less than 11KG and is easy to transport and store away when not in use. This is great if you’re planning on using your digital piano on the go or if you have limited space and will need to keep carrying the digital piano in and out of storage.
- This Casio CDP-130 comes with an inbuilt metronome which can help you keep in time to the beat, and it also features touch sensitivity adjustments and dual sound options.
- The Casio CDP-130 can be easily connected to a computer or other device which you can use for external recording. Casio also has a number of free online lessons which you can access from the Casio Music Academy.
Features: Ten Adjustable Voices – Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard – Easy To Use – Chorus & Reverb Effects – Lightweight – Metronome – Connectivity Options.
All of these digital pianos offer great features for under £500, but one of the items on this list offers a bit more than the rest. We would like to recommend the Roland FP-30 BK Digital Piano in Black because it has an authentic grand piano feel, it has a powerful sound system but also features ‘quiet keyboard action’ features and headphone sockets, it is lightweight, it includes recording function and it is compatible with various music apps which can help enhance your performance and provides handy tips and hints.